About the Boat
Narrow Escape is a 60’ narrow boat that can sleep up to 6 people.
She has 2 double bed cabins and a seating area in the lounge that easily converts to another double
What's on board
- Galley area with oven, hob, grill, fridge
- Wood-burning stove (with logs & coal supplied)
- Kitchen is equipped to meet all essential requirements
- Two bedrooms with super comfy air sprung double beds
- The lounge has a large L shaped dinette/ settee converting to a full-size double bed
- Storage space for clothes, coats and luggage
- Bathroom with a washbasin, toilet and shower
- Both bedrooms and bathroom have partition doors for greater privacy
- Central heating system and lighting throughout
- DVD Player and radio
- High standard of cleanliness throughout the boat
- All fixtures, fittings and finishes maintained in a clean and sound condition
Your narrowboat holiday hire price includes
- Bed linen, duvets, blankets
- Bath towels and hand towels
- Hygiene products including toilet roll, washing up liquid, dish cloths and tea towels
- Boating tuition as part of the two-hour handover
- Gas bottle
Optional extras can be booked
- Boating tuition
- Skipper for the day
Your host Tony Murphy
Tony Murphy, your host is a fully qualified Commercial Boatmaster with over 20 years experience living and working on Britain’s waterways, during which time he has skippered and maintained every type of craft imaginable.
Tony’s encyclopaedic knowledge of the Kennet & Avon canal and love of all things boating is legendary, making him the perfect host for our Narrow Escape guests.
His handover procedure has been approved and adopted as a model of good practice by the Canal & River Trust and comes as part of the package to all Narrow Escape guests providing them with a thorough and detailed handover, including full boat handling tuition, health and safety instructions and more.
Boatmaster Tony Murphy
As a qualified West Country Tourist Board Blue badge holder, Tony is also the “go to person” for help, advice and guidance about the local area. In the interests of research Tony has also visited almost every pub on the Kennet & Avon canal and is happy to share his research findings with out guests. As well as being a qualified first aider, Tony also speak excellent French and passable Spanish and is very happy to welcome visitors from abroad.
Narrow Escape is proud to donate a percentage of its profits to Boys in Mind, an organisation committed to helping reduce stigma, stereotypes, suicide amongst boys and young men.